Re: Freeman Beetle Trap

  • mdudley@king-cart.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
      I emailed Mr. Freeman about the lime and he was wanting to know if he could get the name and phone number of the breeder that uses lime. Here is his response:

      jfreeman1944@...

      Good suggestion. I have heard that lime will absorb moisture and crust over but that may not be true. Or it may take it a while. I'll run some trials and see how it works. It would be great to get something for the commercial beekeepers.

      Any way to get the name and phone number of the queen breeder?
      thanks,

      Jerry

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
        From: mdudley@... <mdudley@...>
        >>>   I emailed Mr. Freeman about the lime and he was wanting to know if he
        could get the name and phone number of the breeder that uses lime.

        I will try to forward the request to the queen producer.  I'm not sure that I have an e-mail address for him.  When talking to him he made no mention of the lime absorbing moisture and crusting over.  And, it may be that he empties the trap every couple of weeks and thus renews the lime before it has a chance to crust over.  I will leave it up to him as to whether he contacts Mr. Freeman.