Re: Hive Stand

  • mommyhen42
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2012
      What I did was buy 4 pieces of 3' rebar and 3 2x4's
      I cut one of the 2x4's into 4 equal lengths and the other one in half
      Then I built it to look like a ladder with each end closed.

      Then I drilled 4 holes into each corner of the frame and pounded in the rebar
      Then I took it to where I wanted my hives and pounded the rebar into the ground level and to the height I wanted.
      I covered the frame with a sheet of scrap plywood and put my hives on that.
      My stand is wider than the hives because I wanted room to place my tools behind the hives when I worked, but you could cut the center pieces to match the width of your hives just as easily.

      This made a cheap and highly effective hive stand