Bees moved on my property - Lake Elsinore

  • bricklesbees
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
      Hello all,

      I have a group of bees on my property that has been living on a tree branch for the past 3 days. I have waited to see if they would be going on their way but they are still here. My 8-year old nephew is coming this weekend and I need to get rid of them before then.

      If anyone is in the Lake Elsinore/Wildomar area and wants to pick them up, please send me a private message. If nobody is interested, I will get rid of them before Friday night.

      Thank you for your time.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
        >>>   If anyone is in the Lake Elsinore/Wildomar area .....

        What state?  Those that would be interested in your area would know what you are talking about,  But the rest of us nationally have no idea where Lake Elsinore or Wildomar is.  For most of us it wouldn't help if we did know where it is because we'd be too far away.  But, being beekeepers, we are curious.  In what part of the country is swarming (Could be absconding) taking place.  The curious would like to know.

        Mike in LA  (Lower Alabama)
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
          >>>  I have a group of bees on my property  .....        If nobody is interested (in picking them up), I will get rid of them before Friday night.

          Bricklesbees,  if you decide to get rid of them, bee very careful and bee suited up completely and taped closed.  If you live in the Lake Elsinore area in California, that is Africanized bee territory.  If those bees are Africanized, even at night there exists the possibility that they could eat you alive before you got them killed off.  Please be very careful.  Good luck with your situation.

          Mike in LA
        • dgaraix hotmail
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 8, 2012
            Thanks Mike for the warning and advice. They do seem to get a little bit agitated when getting too close. I'll bee as careful as possible.

            To: Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com
            From: mws1112004@...
            Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 15:13:03 -0800
            Subject: Re: [Beekeeping] Bees moved on my property - Lake Elsinore