Re: Getting rid of pesky ants

  • Christopher Rappitt
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 1, 2012
      How about using spacers under the hive covered in Vasaline, unless you have the bridge building Ant variety. Air under hives also helps with damp and mites too.
    • Nick Holmes
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
        Should work, in theory, I've seen it done before.

        On 21 August 2012 23:32, redfsh3 <redfsh3@...> wrote:

        I was going to get a manual one, too. My husband thinks he can spin it with his power drill. Do you think that will work?

        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
          >>>    Has anyone come up with a motor/speed controller that adapts pretty well to their hand cranked extractor? I sure wish I had spent the extra money at the time and bought the motorized one....

          Really need to know about your extractor to be able to give good information.  But, that being said, W T Kelley has a power conversion kit.  If you have their catalog, it's found on page 99.  Prices vary depending on the setup you order.  Here it is on their page on the internet:  https://kelleybees.com/Products/#cat=3330&srch=373036663737363537323230363336663665373636353732373336393666363936653230366236393734&sort=3334&page=3330&category=

          Good luck.  Let me know how your conversion goes if you decide to do it.

          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 26, 2013
            >>>    Has anyone come up with a motor/speed controller that adapts pretty well to their hand cranked extractor? I sure wish I had spent the extra money at the time and bought the motorized one....

            >>   Here it is on their page:

            You have to go to the second page on that web page to see the power conversion kit.  Sorry about that.  Thought it would come up on the first page to show.