Re: Bad reaction to bee stings

  • fineartbyjennifer
    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 10, 2012
      Full gear is nice, hot in the summer, but nice. I paid around $50 for my full suit with the zippered veil. It's a bit of a pain to get the whole suit on over my clothes, but not as much of a pain as getting stung. Therefore, my humble encouragement is to put full gear on, even the long gauntlet gloves over the suit sleeves. Is it a macho thing to handle bees without full gear? If so, then I won't make fun of anyone who does wear full gear.
      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 10, 2012
        ...can one just purchase these otc

        Believe you have to get them with a prescription.  BTW, using one when it's not needed can be very dangerous as well.

        Mike in L

      • karon
        Message 3 of 27 , Jul 10, 2012

          Which is why you have to have a prescription. Using one when not needed can cause SERIOUS heart problems. Most people don’t know Epi is used in dental Novocain. According to my dentist, they use one amount for heart attacks, one tenth of THAT amount for allergies and one tenth of the allergy amount in dental Novocain. BUT, if the dentist misses, and some places are pretty close, and hits a vein, your heart can suddenly start racing, you start hyperventilating and you feel like you can lift the WORLD in an instant! This happened to me once at the dentist. He uses a different form of Novocain in that part of my mouth, now.

          This will give you an idea of what can happen if you use it when you don’t need it. I CAN be very dangerous and, at the least, very scary! This is NOT a recreational thing!

          Karon Adams

          Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

          You can send a free Rosary to a soldier!

          www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary

          www.YellowRibbonRosaries.com

          Believe you have to get them with a prescription.  BTW, using one when it's not needed can be very dangerous as well.

          Mike in L

        • Barbara Lindberg
          Message 4 of 27 , Jul 10, 2012

            Also if you have a heart condition such as A-Fibrillation I believe using an epi-pen can be very dangerous—that’s why it should be done with a doctor’s note.

            Barbara

            Ontario, Canada

            Believe you have to get them with a prescription.  BTW, using one when it's not needed can be very dangerous as well.

            Mike in LA

          • Bruce
            Message 5 of 27 , Jul 10, 2012
              We keep our bees at a community garden open to the public and give public demonstrations from time to time.  Many people do not know that they will react severely to a bee sting until it happens.  None of the beekeepers has severe reactions to bee stings but a friend and beekeeper who has never had a severe reaction recently had one.  It is for this reason that we keep an epipen handy.  Bruce.

              --
              Sent via EmailTray, my personal email concierge.
              Get yours at http://www.emailtray.com