Re: Problem with Dadant Honey Extractor

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2012
      When I rented mine, I had the same problem. Could not figure out what I was doing wrong for the life of me. The gears seemed like they were slipping.

      Then I figured out I didn't have the frames properly positioned. Once I positioned the frames correctly? PROBLEM SOLVED! LOTS OF HONEY!

      That's probably it, I'm guessing. You're not positioning the frames correctly.

      Bill

      --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Lindberg" <barblindberg@...> wrote:

      > When my Dadant wouldn't spin I talked to them and they knew exactly what was
      > wrong and told me what to do and I had it running in a couple minutes. They
      > were really good to help so hang on until tomorrow so you can talk to them.
      >

      > Barbara
      >
      > Ontario, Canada
      >

      > _____

    • Ann
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
        I talked to Dadant - actually the people who manufacture the extractor. They said I was missing a rubber T (sending it) and the set screw isn't right.

        Bill - when you say position the frames correctly what does that mean?

        Thanks!@!!

        Annette
        Eagle Wi