RE: [Beekeeping] Problem with Dadant Honey Extractor

  • Barbara Lindberg
    Message 1 of 5 , May 31, 2012

      When my Dadant wouldn’t spin I talked to them and they knew exactly what was wrong and told me what to do and I had it running in a couple minutes.  They were really good to help so hang on until tomorrow so you can talk to them.

      Barbara

      Ontario, Canada

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 2012
        When I rented mine, I had the same problem. Could not figure out what I was doing wrong for the life of me. The gears seemed like they were slipping.

        Then I figured out I didn't have the frames properly positioned. Once I positioned the frames correctly? PROBLEM SOLVED! LOTS OF HONEY!

        That's probably it, I'm guessing. You're not positioning the frames correctly.

        Bill

        --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Barbara Lindberg" <barblindberg@...> wrote:

        > When my Dadant wouldn't spin I talked to them and they knew exactly what was
        > wrong and told me what to do and I had it running in a couple minutes. They
        > were really good to help so hang on until tomorrow so you can talk to them.
        >

        > Barbara
        >
        > Ontario, Canada
        >

        > _____

      • Ann
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 4, 2012
          I talked to Dadant - actually the people who manufacture the extractor. They said I was missing a rubber T (sending it) and the set screw isn't right.

          Bill - when you say position the frames correctly what does that mean?

          Thanks!@!!

          Annette
          Eagle Wi