I sent a short note to keep the report...

  • Gary Ilmanen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2011
      Short notes get attention too:

      From
      : Gary Ilmanen [mailto:snick001@...]
      Sent: Friday, November 25, 2011 08:17 PM
      To: Prusacki, Joseph - NASS
      Subject: Honey Report being cut

      Please don't cut off the honey report.  Cut the tobacco report instead!

      ===========================================Reply==================================
      fromPrusacki, Joseph - NASS Joseph.Prusacki@...
      sender-timeSent at 4:38 AM (UTC). Current time there: 1:12 AM.
      to"snick001@..." <snick001@...>
      dateSat, Nov 26, 2011 at 4:38 AM
      subjectRe: Honey Report being cut
      mailed-bynass.usda.gov

      Hello Gary,

      Thanks for the note. Given that NASS received favorable budget news last week, we are looking at what NASS can bring back from the list of cancelled programs and reports. While I cannot make any guarantees, I will do what I can to have the Bee and Honey report reinstated.

      The reporting on the tobacco crop has been reduced over the years. Tobacco is no longer a "program" commodity.

      Joe,

      Joseph J. Prusacki, Director
      Statistics Division
      National Agricultural Statistics Service
      United States Department of Agriculture
      (202) 720-3896 (office)
      (202) 294-0075 (mobile)