Re:7

  • StoneRidgeFarm@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
      An excellent possibility to solve your problems!...
      http://lebios.optesis.com/com.friend.page.php?vegymail=52ba9
    • Little John
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
        Is there a moderator to patrol spammers like this? Give this guy the boot!!

        -Little John

        "A weed is just a plant growing in the wrong place" -Luther Burbank

      • kakerby@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
          This is not necessarily a deliberate spam attack on his part.  Lots of other Yahoo groups have seen spam come from members in good standing, only to find out their email addy's were hijacked without them knowing it.  He probably didn't send it and may not even know yet that it went out in his name.  Such is the pattern for email hijacking.
          Kathryn Kerby
          frogchorusfarm.com
          Snohomish, WA
          Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
            Sounds like you want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Ok. I admire that. How can we deal with this in another way? Any strategies?

            Just curious,
            Little John

            "A weed is just a plant growing in the wrong place" -Luther Burbank

            An excellent possibility to solve your problems!...
            http://lebios.optesis.com/com.friend.page.php?vegymail=52ba9

          • kakerby@aol.com

              An excellent possibility to solve your problems!...
              http://lebios.optesis.com/com.friend.page.php?vegymail=52ba9

            • stoneridgesheepfarm
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
                Thank you Kathryn for explaining what happened. Somehow someone sent out about 50 different emails to everyone in my address book. As I watched, I saw more and more messages show up on my "sent" folder. How embarassing! Luckily, you know me from other lists, but I suspect I will be "given the boot" by more trigger happy moderators.

                Sorry again.

                Wm.
                www.stoneridgefarm.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 7, 2011
                  Most Yahoo moderators have seen this on their lists at least once already.  If anyone does give you the boot, or threatens to, feel free to forward my email to them.  Bad enough to have your email hijacked, let alone pay the penalty for someone else's actions.  Wish I could catch even one of those types of folks.  I have a whole series of barns here that I'd have them clean out.  With their face.

                  In a message dated 11/7/2011 9:12:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, StoneRidgeFarm@... writes:

                  Thank you Kathryn for explaining what happened. Somehow someone sent out about 50 different emails to everyone in my address book. As I watched, I saw more and more messages show up on my "sent" folder. How embarassing! Luckily, you know me from other lists, but I suspect I will be "given the boot" by more trigger happy moderators.

                  Sorry again.

                  Wm.
                  www.stoneridgefarm.com

                  --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, kakerby@... wrote:

                  > This is not necessarily a deliberate spam attack on his part. Lots of
                  > other Yahoo groups have seen spam come from members in good standing, only to
                  > find out their email addy's were hijacked without them knowing it. He
                  > probably didn't send it and may not even know yet that it went out in his name.
                  > Such is the pattern for email hijacking.
                  > Kathryn Kerby
                  > frogchorusfarm.com
                  > Snohomish, WA
                  > Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html
                  >

                  > In a message dated 11/7/2011 7:43:49 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
                  > moonwise_herbs@... writes:
                  >

                  > Is there a moderator to patrol spammers like this? Give this guy the boot!!
                  >
                  > -Little John
                  >
                  > "A weed is just a plant growing in the wrong place" -Luther Burbank
                  >
                  > --- On Mon, 11/7/11, StoneRidgeFarm@... <StoneRidgeFarm@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >

                  > From: StoneRidgeFarm@... <StoneRidgeFarm@...>
                  > Subject: [Beekeeping] Re:7
                  > To: barbero@..., barnbuks@..., barnbuks@...,
                  > bchosier@..., beansoto@..., beekeeping@yahoogroups.com,
                  > benweiss@..., bhf@...
                  > Date: Monday, November 7, 2011, 9:25 PM
                  >

                  > An excellent possibility to solve your problems!...
                  > _http://lebios.optesis.com/com.friend.page.php?vegymail=52ba9_
                  > (http://lebios.optesis.com/com.friend.page.php?vegymail=52ba9)

                • billsf9c
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 9, 2011
                    YahOops terms me a PowerUser.

                    Of late, I have seen perhaps 1/2 dozen GOOD members, on
                    various lists, who have seemed to have sent spam.
                    Plainly it was not them.
                    It is merely our latest net/eList woe.

                    About all you can do is understand that this is our most recent
                    world & common eList issue & set them to Moderation for a time.

                    They were not slumming.
                    It was not their fault.

                    Their future messages will be, unfortunately, delayed for a time until confidence is restored as their email shows no more spam.

                    No biggee.
                    Not really a huge pain for a Moderator.
                    Those exist. Be happy.

                    Happy holidays, folks!