honey supers

  • roger g
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2 10:49 AM
      I have couple hives with 2 deeps and 1 med(honey super)) with some honey stored in honey super but the deeps aren't full. I had put honey supers on for fall flow but weather didn't co-operate this fall.
      I have vented inner covers on, so if i put the honey supers up over the inner covers do you think the bees would take the stores out and move down?????????????
      I have alreday put broken comb with honey in in top invented covers and they clean out and take down. roger NJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2 12:16 PM
        roger g wrote:  if i put the honey supers up over the inner covers do you think the bees would take the stores out and move down?

        Getting late in the season up there, but try it.  If they don't, the honey will still be there in the spring when they break cluster and can use it then for resources.  Only draw back that I see is that moisture might collect on the frames and drip back down on the cluster.  You might move the frames with honey to one side or the other of the inner cover's hole so that moisture wouldn't collect on the frames and drip back down through that hole.