combining

  • roger g
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
      I got a queenless hive and it's lil late to let them re-queen, I got a couple that i can combine with to boost them for fall flow. ????do you put queenless box on top or bottom w/newspaper between???????????? roger NJ
    • karon
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011

        Yep. That is exactly what you do. by the time they work through the paper, the pheromones will have combined.

        Karon Adams

        Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

        You can send a free Rosary to a soldier!

        www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary

        www.YellowRibbonRosaries.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
          put queen box on top or bottom???

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2011
            >>put queen box on top or bottom???

            Usually it doesn't make much difference, but.....    Most of the time the queen will move up when she runs out of room in one hive body.  She will go up a lot more easily than down.  I've always thrown the weak super/hive body on top of the strong, but that's just personal preference, not a rule of thumb.