swarms

  • Jay
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 29 4:38 AM
      hey all,

      has anyone else had an overabundance of swarms this year?

      i started the year with two hives and had 4 brood boxes prepared in case i would have swarms, only had one last year.

      anyway, so far i have had 9 swarms only 4 came from my boxes, the rest have came to my house from the woods surrounding. i am certain of this because i saw one rise from the hill across the way and come and light on my boat.

      i have captured 7 of the swarms one didnt like the box i put it in and left within the hour and another is still camped out on the side of my chicken house, i have put them in a box 4 times and they will not stay in (think they may be absent a queen?)

      i live in london kentucky, and would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this kind of activity