Morning after package installation

  • Nigel D
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3 8:12 AM
      Yesterday we installed two bee packages in two hives. One hive is a typical Lang the other is a Modified Warre (meaning it has frames but no foundation). For our first time installing packages everything seemed to go very well.

      This morning we go out to check on the bees and one hive, the Modified Warre, has about 100 bees on the outside. However, the Lang has probably closer to 1,000 bees on the outside. The bees are all on the sides facing the sun. It was about 65F when we checked on them but with a strong wind of probably 15mph with gusts to +30mph. If there had been roughly the same number of bees on each hive I would probably not be so concerned but as there is roughly 10 times the number of bees outside one hive compared to the other, should I be concerned?

      Thanks,

      Nigel D