any Yorkshire. UK beekeepers on this site?

  • Pepper
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 20, 2011
      I've been trying to get into beekeeping classes for the last couple of years but the interest in bees in these parts is astounding and I miss out everytime!I've been reading the posts for several months on and off and it's quite amazing how indepth some of the information is.. certainly from an outsiders point of view akin to understanding rocket science! I'd happily travel to 'apprentice' if anyone is in my area!
      my thanks if anyone is about.
      Rena
    • Alan Fox
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
        Hi Rena
                      Guilty as charged yorshire thru and thru . Whereabouts are you and what can we do to get you started. I'm in west yorkshire and if your close enough I have a few hives to sell, ( advert over).  Alan

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 29, 2011
          Rena you wont have to ravel far there be beekeepers and clubs near where you are, so don't panic. Alan

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011

             Hey Alan! That's the best news since hearing my council tax wasn't going to be increased! I'm in Sheffield,( don't shoot me  lol)  and if it's ok with you I'll drop you a private line to connect further and see if I can't chase you down and take you up on your illicit offer ;).

            I can't wait to get cracking as I've been spotting the first big old bees about and was afraid yet another season was going to buzz right past me again! Again many thanks for replying.

            Rena

            --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, Alan Fox <alan_foxy2000@...> wrote:

            > Hi Rena
            >               Guilty as charged yorshire thru and thru . Whereabouts are you and
            > what can we do to get you started. I'm in west yorkshire and if your close
            > enough I have a few hives to sell, ( advert over).  Alan

          • Alan Fox
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 30, 2011
              Rena
                        send an e-mail over and we can arrange for you to cover one weekend. Alan