Re: [Beekeeping] dead brood??

  • deknow@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2010
      ...the massive uncapping of brood I was seeing at the same time as lots of mites on the bees makes me think that there were plenty of mites in the brood as well.

      deknow
    • peter haywood
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2010
        Yes, that sounds reasonable.  Mine don`t do that so much.  They seem more inclined to abandon dead brood for a while.  What sort of bees are yours?  Mine are mongrels with mainly local UK black bee behaviour.  I`m sure I read somewhere Italians tend to uncap brood a lot to remove mites.
        Pete H