Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Another Grouply nut-job

  • kakerby@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 30, 2010
      Like I said, never mind.  I misread one of the previous emails.
      Kathryn

      In a message dated 9/30/2010 6:36:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, wy3xinsc@... writes:

      Kathryn, I'm a former IT professional, I don't think you understand the problem. Someone else (not mine) e-mail account who is a member of the beekeeping group has had their e-mail address book exposed to Grouply by joining. This has happened either because they were duped into joining Grouply (they tell you that they'll help you organize your Yahoo groups to trick you into joining), or someone has actually hacked their e-mail account and used it to join Grouply without that member's knowledge. My account has not been hacked. If mine were hacked, the e-mails would be going to other list members with my e-mail address in the header to make it look like I was the originator. That's not the case. I've added grouply.com to my bud list on Earthlink (not the same as a buddy list, a bud list BLOCKS someone from sending you e-mail), but because Grouply is using the stolen identity of a list member, the spoofed e-mail headers make the e-mails appear to be coming from that mem ber of our list.

      Kindest regards, -Web