RE: [Beekeeping] Making Splists; was Buying Queens

  • Long Beach HoneyBee
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 10, 2010
      Message
      Mike,

      I have a limited amount of space and have moved my hives 1 to 5 feet several times without a problem this past year.

      At one point I had 2 hives and a NUC just inches apart.  See old picture.
      The 2 hives in the picture were the result of a split Jan-2010. Since then, I split the middle box a second time and moved the NUC to a super.
      Tonight I moved the single hive over to a public garden less than a mile from my house. I don't expect any problems in violating the 3 mile rule.

      Henry E. Kurland Bee

      Long Beach Honey

       562-427-2114  LongBeachHoneyBee@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 12, 2010
        Michael -

        I'd recommend Melanie Kirby of Zia Queens.

        Martin