Re: [Beekeeping] New Beekeeper - Bearding on Hive set out on Sunday 5/2 - Colorado

  • Marva Jolly
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6 5:39 AM
      As it turns out, it was another swarm.  I am not sure if it was africanized honey bees or local feral bees.  They were disturbed when we opened the hive and them coallesced onto a nearby tree limb 20 feet up.  We were not able to capture them, they moved on in an hour or so and I had to return to work  and couldn't try a swarm capture until after 5 that day.

      The hive seems ok now though.  Thank you for all of your help.

      Marva Jolly