Observation hive installed

  • kamaaina_rabbitry
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
      Aloha Everyone,

      Got the observation hive installed with the bees too. Right now
      they're working on getting the queen out of her cage. I may have to
      give them a little more help in the morning if she's not out
      already. The entrance went ok. I ended up with only a slight
      downward slant if there's any at all. My 6 year old needed to see
      the bees so I couldn't go any higher. I used some copper pipe joints
      fitted inside some plastic hose from Ace hardware for my tunnel to
      the outside. Made a small window with plexiglass and plywood that
      the hose is attached to. It fits into the open sliding window.
      If you'd like to see the hive it's here in the photo's section
      labled Bee Source observation hive. I stayed pretty close to those
      plans. Sure is fun to watch. Joe in Hawaii
    • mnist@spamcop.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2003
        Hi Joe

        I sure hope you can post some pictures once everything's settled. I'd be very
        interested in seeing it!

        Madeleine in New Jersey