Question on observation hive entrance.

  • kamaaina_rabbitry
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 30 2:19 AM
      The location I have for my newly made observation hive is going to
      require a ninety degree turn from the window access to the hive
      entrance. It's a short run. About a foot. I know a straight
      entrance/access is preferred. I'd really appreciate any suggestions
      and thoughts. Thanks very much, Joe
    • ROBERT J STOCKLEY
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 30 12:05 PM
        I don't see any problem with that...but make it slanting down not up. Its hard to remove dead bees,debrees etc...easier to move downhill...especially with that turn.     Bob

        kamaaina_rabbitry <crablepipes@...> wrote:
        The location I have for my newly made observation hive is going to
        require a ninety degree turn from the window access to the hive
        entrance. It's a short run. About a foot. I know a straight
        entrance/access is preferred. I'd really appreciate any suggestions
        and thoughts. Thanks very much, Joe

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/MwgrlB/TM
      • bdloving
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 31 8:17 AM
          A downward slant will also prevent rain etc from flooding the hive.
          Hmmm....bees wearing scuba tanks. <G>

          --- In beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, ROBERT J STOCKLEY <bruzgul@y...>

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/