Re:Royal Jelly Helps Treat Infertility, Impotence, cures lupis, and a sick penguin too.

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 27, 2010
      Am I the only one that doesn't read these posts about the medicinal values of honey?

      I've been keeping bees for maybe 20 years or so and not once has anyone asked me if my honey can help cure a sick penguin, cure Lupis, or provide some sort of other healthcare beyond that of the pollen relief for hay fever that we all know of already.  I really enjoy the occasional posts on this list that are actually about bee keeping, but this whole deal where now royal jelly can cure impotence and infertility too, just puts me over the edge.

      Do the rest of you consider this to be on-topic or off-topic in terms of bee keeping?

      I've been up all night working, so maybe I'm just cranky. And if you think I'm just being mean, I appologize and I'll go grab a nap.

      I'm interested though, do most of you read these articles and appreciate them or are you like me and mostly raise bees for fun, a little profit, and because we like to eat our honey?

      Regards to all.

      Jim
    • Joann o
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2010
        I agree with you Jim. I am somewhat of a newby, so I don't have any knowledge to offer, but I joined this group to gleen information on raising bees. I would love to learn more and be much better at raising them. I am thankful for any information I have been able to take from this group.
        Joann
      • roger g
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2010
          i may agree with you somewhat but it's not hard to skip or hit the delete button. sometimes i check them out just for the info. i might learn something i can pass on to someone in need.
          i.ve learned a lot on this site about beekeeping and don't really mind the extras roger

          --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <jimfire@...> wrote:

          > Am I the only one that doesn't read these posts about the medicinal values
          > of honey?
        • Herb
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
            No Jim - You are not alone - I just get tired of hitting the delete
            key.... guess I should hit the delete key on this group - Besource and
            Bee-L seems to be more in line with my interests.
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 5, 2010
              --- On Fri, 3/5/10, Herb <hpm@...> wrote:
              No Jim - You are not alone - I just get tired of hitting the delete key.... guess I should hit the delete key on this group - Besource and Bee-L seems to be more in line with my interests.

              A lot of e-mail servers provide filters which you can use to direct e-mail from "marked" senders direct to your waste basket.  I think the sender of these "notifications" remains the same.  Just go to your filter function and mark e-mail from that particular sender to go to your waste basket.

              For Yahoo Mail just go up to the OPTIONS link, then choose 'mail options', the on the left side in that window choose 'filters' from the left hand column.  In the next window you make your selections as appropriate to your situation.   I'm sure other e-mail servers have similar options.  You just have to explore around and find out how your e-mail server works.