update on Aurora Colorado beekeeping ordinance

  • Cara &Tom Patterson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 17 5:02 PM
      I know there are a few people interested in the continuing saga of the
      Aurora Colorado beekeeping ordinance so here is the latest update.

      The proposed ordinance was presented to the city council in study
      session on July 14, 2003. The city council agreed to send it on to a
      council meeting scheduled for July 21, 2003. At that meeting there
      will be an opportunity for public comment and the council will vote.
      It appears there is a strong majority of the council in favor of the
      ordinance and it is expected to pass.

      I am currently interested in getting names of beekeepers in and around
      Aurora that would be willing to take swarm calls from the city.
      Animal control estimates they get about 60-75 swarm calls each year.
      If you are interested in knowing more about this or know a beekeeper
      in the area who might be please contact me by email.

      If all goes as expected I will post a copy of the ordinance next week.

      Tom Patterson