Cell Phone Towers Cripple Honey Bee Navigational Ability

  • hivehealth
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009

      Cell Phone Towers Cripple Honey Bee Navigational Ability

      Mobile Phone Towers a Threat to Honey Bees: Study

      AFP, 8/31/2009

      http://apitherapy.blogspot.com/2009/08/cell-phone-towers-cripple-honey-bee.html

      NEW DELHI: The electromagnetic waves emitted by mobile phone towers and cellphones can pose a threat to honey bees, a study published in India has concluded.

    • axeman axeman
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
        Interesting.
        I thought honey bees navigated using vectors.
        Maybe the cell towers affect the neurotransmitters of the bee brain?

        Alan, Lakeview, NY

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 31, 2009
          sounds like crap, my bees are with in a hundred yards of a tower, I moved them about 20 feet this year, turning the front of the box from east to north , it took about a day for them to figure it out.