bees at the white house

  • Dwayne
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 24 7:56 PM
      The first lady is putting in a garden and 2 bee hives at the white house south lawn.thats got to be good publicity for beekeepers

      Deayne.S
      vernon NY
    • thecking880
      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 25 6:54 AM
        At a girl Michelle, keep up the great environmentally friendly example!

        Clay K
        Camden, ME

        --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Dwayne" <swampratman2000@...> wrote:

        > The first lady is putting in a garden and 2 bee hives at the white house south lawn.thats got to be good publicity for beekeepers
        >
        > Deayne.S
        > vernon NY

      • Rick Hood
        Message 3 of 23 , Mar 25 8:51 AM
          Wow, Bees and we are now Bankrupt. I think I would forgo to bees to get a real president.

          OOWONBS@... wrote:

          >The first lady is putting in a garden and 2 bee hives at the white
          house south
          lawn.thats got to be good publicity for beekeepers

          Deayne.S
          vernon NY

          I wonder what the laws are in CDC regarding that...
          Permits? Registry? Fees? etc.
          BillSF9c

        • OOWONBS@Netscape.net
          Message 4 of 23 , Mar 25 10:44 AM
            >The first lady is putting in a garden and 2 bee hives at the white
            house south
            lawn.thats got to be good publicity for beekeepers

            Deayne.S
            vernon NY

            I wonder what the laws are in CDC regarding that...
            Permits? Registry? Fees? etc.
            BillSF9c
          • Ben P
            Message 5 of 23 , Mar 25 11:37 AM
              >The first lady <snip>

              <snip>
              Permits?  Registry?  Fees?  etc.

              Waived:)

            • william kinder
              Message 6 of 23 , Mar 25 1:30 PM
                secret service will end up doing all the work
                Message 7 of 23 , Mar 25 1:32 PM
                  OMG you are all too funny, I just joined and I'm laughing my a** off, thank you, bee keeping should be fun... I have a couple of questions to post when I get home later

                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                  From: Ben P
                  Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2009 14:37:58 -0400
                  To: <Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com>

                  >The first lady <snip>

                  <snip>
                  Permits?  Registry?  Fees?  etc.

                  Waived:)

                • Lew Best
                  Message 8 of 23 , Mar 25 3:27 PM

                    Been lotsa discussion about this on the organicbeekeepers list; apparently the gardener (or maybe it’s a groundskeeper?  anyway someone already on staff) will maintain the hives.  Hopefully they’ll keep the hives chem free since the garden’s supposed to be organic.

                    Lew Best near Waco, TX

                    Message 9 of 23 , Mar 25 7:22 PM
                      --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "william kinder" <wkinder@...> wrote:

                      > secret service will end up doing all the work

                      the bees belong to one of the staf members

                      Dwayne.S
                    • Hroller McKnutt
                      Message 10 of 23 , Mar 26 3:35 AM
                        On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Rick Hood <farmer@...> wrote:
                        > Wow, Bees and we are now Bankrupt. I think I would forgo to bees to get a
                        > real president.

                        Don't start this on this list please. I'm sick of the political
                        bickering and whinging. This list is about bees and beekeeping, let's
                        leave politics to the political lists!

                        Mike
                      • Bill Bird
                        Message 11 of 23 , Mar 26 9:37 AM
                          The bees are getting bailouts and bonuses. Good for the bees.

                          Bill

                        • OOWONBS@Netscape.net
                          Message 12 of 23 , Mar 26 4:39 PM
                            > the bees belong to one of the staf members
                            Dwayne.S

                            So how much is a moving permit, there?
                            <BWG!>
                            BillSF9c
                          • Diane Boller
                            Message 13 of 23 , Mar 26 6:12 PM
                              I'm going to unscubscribe from this list based on people's meanspirited comments about bees at the White House.  I'm proud of our President and the wonderful First Lady and am grateful that they have taken an interest in nutrition, edible plant production, and beekeeping.  I love them, and am sick of right wing nay sayers who ruined the country.

                              On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM, <OOWONBS@...> wrote:
                              > the bees belong to one of the staf members
                              Dwayne.S

                              So how much is a moving permit, there?
                              <BWG!>
                              BillSF9c

                              <*> Your email settings:
                                 Individual Email | Traditional

                              <*> To change settings online go to:
                                 (Yahoo! ID required)

                              <*> To change settings via email:
                                 mailto:Beekeeping-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                 mailto:Beekeeping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                 http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                              --
                              Diane Boller
                              Poetry Daily
                              Message 14 of 23 , Mar 26 6:19 PM
                                I think we should all be grateful for this small but important exposure for beekeeping.  It doesn't matter what your politics are.  I hope we are all pro-honeybee, and that is all we need to discuss here.

                                Thank you,
                                Peggy in MN!

                                Message 15 of 23 , Mar 26 6:33 PM

                                  Whole heartedly agree!  The interest in bees and organic gardening it should stimulate can do nothing but good imho.

                                  Lew Best near Waco, TX

                                  I think we should all be grateful for this small but important exposure for beekeeping.  It doesn't matter what your politics are.  I hope we are all pro-honeybee, and that is all we need to discuss here.

                                  Thank you,

                                  Peggy in MN!

                                • roger
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Mar 26 7:29 PM
                                    Lighten up and smile a lil,be happy for the bees they have the title of "FIRST BEES" LOL most of it is humorous the puppy still aint there :-)

                                    Message 17 of 23 , Mar 27 2:04 PM
                                      >I'm going to unscubscribe from this list based on people's meanspirited
                                      comments about bees at the White House.

                                      I thought I read all the posts... All i saw was a few friendly pokes in
                                      the ribs. Like, ~"Hey... the boss is catching on...!" [to whatever]

                                      It is totally wonderful to see the gardens, AND that bees are going
                                      there is almost over the *top!* Who amongst us, could have guessed,
                                      or dreampt of such a hugely wonderful thing... Seriously..? I'm good at
                                      that... and I didn't see it coming. Whoever did, I want to joun lists
                                      you own, mod, or are finding worthy of co-habiting.

                                      It is totally cool! So cool, I don't care to think whether it is
                                      genuine,
                                      or a clever ploy of distraction. I *do* have to keep an open mind... eh?
                                      I still like TONS, it and feel it does more good than harm, no matter
                                      the reason it was done. Not cynical, just open to all possibilities,
                                      and able to think at an IQ level to consider them all. I still totally
                                      am in love with it!!!!!

                                      Whoever did any meanspirited posts, may have just had a real,
                                      bad hair day. It is in the american tradition to be suspicious of
                                      govermnment, and by extention, our goven-ors, since it's very
                                      institution. It's like us, watching for the heaklth of a hive, and
                                      potential need or disease, and the ocassional markings of a bear,
                                      skunk or other animal. <G>

                                      Give them time to come around, and give yourself time before
                                      deciding to UnSub. And if you find a few rotten apples in the barrel,
                                      remember that it's 98% full, not 2% empty. And these apples
                                      are not passive. That 98% will not rot, by association. Stick around.

                                      ;>)
                                      BillSF9c

                                      >I'm proud of our President and the
                                      wonderful First Lady and am grateful that they have taken an interest in
                                      nutrition, edible plant production, and beekeeping. I love them, and am
                                      sick of right wing nay sayers who ruined the country.

                                      On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM, <OOWONBS@...> wrote:

                                      > > the bees belong to one of the staf members
                                      > Dwayne.S
                                      >
                                      > So how much is a moving permit, there?
                                      > <BWG!>
                                      > BillSF9c
                                    • Brian Gregory
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Mar 28 8:51 AM
                                        --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, Hroller McKnutt <hroller@...> wrote:

                                        > On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Rick Hood <farmer@...> wrote:
                                        > > Wow, Bees and we are now Bankrupt. I think I would forgo to bees to get a
                                        > > real president.
                                        >
                                        > Don't start this on this list please. I'm sick of the political
                                        > bickering and whinging. This list is about bees and beekeeping, let's
                                        > leave politics to the political lists!
                                        >
                                        > Mike

                                        I agree with you, Mike. Bees are apolitical and our interest in bees should remain that way. If someone can't rise above political bashing, let them go elsewhere and vent that emotion. If President Obama has a beehive on the White House property, it's good for beekeeping in general.
                                      • ken bolin
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Mar 28 3:32 PM
                                          Well one things for sure they will get lots of cherry honey that is if all the trees are still there. When I was there in the spring of 72 bees were working the place to the max so you never know. There may be some D.C. delight at the farmers market some day.

                                          Ken
                                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/12VDC_PowerPLus/
                                          www.algaeponics.com

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Mar 29 4:38 PM
                                            Man when I first posted this thread you could say that I kicked the hive.got every one swarming around LOL.

                                            (\
                                            -({{{8-
                                            (/

                                            Dwayne.S
                                          • Bill Bird
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Mar 31 1:45 PM
                                              Gee -- who's more intolerant? The bees or this member?

                                              Perhaps I should send my right-wing Republican bees over to her house?

                                              On second thought...

                                              No

                                              Bill

                                              Message 22 of 23 , Mar 31 3:01 PM
                                                methinks diane doth protest too much. mayhap she used to be a bush basher and now the tables have turned.

                                                i did not like bush bashing and don't really care for obama bashing either.

                                                pols do what they do for political reasons, period.

                                                Gee -- who's more intolerant? The bees or this member?

                                                Perhaps I should send my right-wing Republican bees over to her house?

                                                On second thought...

                                                No

                                                Bill

                                                --- In Beekeeping@yahoogro ups.com, Diane Boller <diane@...> wrote:

                                                > I'm going to unscubscribe from this list based on people's meanspirited
                                                > comments about bees at the White House. I'm proud of our President and the
                                                > wonderful First Lady and am grateful that they have taken an interest in
                                                > nutrition, edible plant production, and beekeeping. I love them, and am
                                                > sick of right wing nay sayers who ruined the country.
                                                >
                                                > On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:39 PM, <OOWONBS@... > wrote:
                                                >
                                                > > > the bees belong to one of the staf members
                                                > > Dwayne.S
                                                > >
                                                > > So how much is a moving permit, there?
                                                > > <BWG!>
                                                > > BillSF9c

                                                > --
                                                > Diane Boller
                                                > Poetry Daily
                                                > P.O. Box 1306
                                                > Charlottesville, VA 22902-1306

                                              • Pete Cummings
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Apr 1, 2009
                                                  I used to live in DC, and they should have an excellent spring honey crop. The fall crop might not be as good due to the lack of wildflowers in bee range.

                                                  Pete

                                                  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Papercrete EarthbagsandVegg ieoilohmy/
                                                  http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/alternatee nergyreality/
                                                  www.algaeponics. com