RE: [Beekeeping] Used foundations

  • The Browns
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Not knowing the history of the hive could present a problem with inheriting possible disease, pesticide contamination. or wax moth. If you do use the foundation I would freeze the frames for a couple of days to kill any possible wax moth eggs then let them air out. Otherwise use new foundation. One other thing you could do if you decide to use the old foundation would be to some new, and some old.

      JB