Re: [Beekeeping] When a moderator starts a fight with you...

  • Rick Hood
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
      was it the small cell forum?

      pgmrdan wrote:

      ...what do you do?

      This happened to me on another beekeeping forum a couple of days ago
      (it's not on Yahoo!). The moderator began bossing me around through
      private messages telling me what to put in one of my posts or he was
      going to start deleting all of my new posts.

      After he deleted 3 of my posts I replied to his last private message
      and left.

      It's no great loss since I had only posted about 20 times in more than
      a year but this has never happened to me before. Nothing all that
      interesting ever came up there but I was shocked that a moderator
      would be such a jerk.

      Has this ever happened to you?

      Thanks,
      Dan

    • Bill Dickerson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
        I Moderate two site and one has over 10 thousand members.

        Could be two things (1) The Mod is having a bad week and taking it out on the Members or (2) The Moderator is Crazy.

        I have seen both of these occur. (Seriously)

        Of course I have aggravated my share of Mods too. LOL

        You have three courses of action since as a Member you do not have the power to make anything happen on the site.

        (1) Ignore it.

        (2) Unsubscribe.

        (3) Kill the Moderator.

        I prefer number three but that's just me.

        Respectfully,
        Bill Dickerson
        Memphis

        On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 21:39, Rick Hood <farmer@...> wrote:

        was it the small cell forum?

        --
        In god we trust, all others we run NCIC
      • deknoww
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
          dan, do you really not understand what happened?

          1. you attempted _again_ to perpetuate a beef you had with michael
          bush...on yet another list. that would not have gotten your posts
          deleted, or gotten you banned.

          2. to make your point, you posted a link to a post. the link was to
          the organic list, and you can't read the post unless you are a member.

          3. barry felt (and i agree) that it is inappropriate to post a link
          that one has to register to read, when they could simply paste the
          text. this is what he asked you to do.

          4. for some reason, you seemed to go ballistic and get
          defensive..that you had a right to post links, and everyone should
          simply subscribe to read the post, and then unsub.

          5. i don't remember everything else, as much of it was deleted, and
          you were banned from beesource.

          a couple of things to consider:

          a. barry is not simply a moderator, he founded the board. he owns
          the board. he pays the bills for the board. he maintains the board.
          barry has some rather strict rules wrt insulting other members,
          family friendly language, etc. i have no idea what was said offlist,
          but i'd be terribly surprised if barry didn't give you more than a
          fair shake, and fair warning was given onlist.

          b. you are virtually the only person i know of that has had an issue
          with michael bush (ask around). as mod and owner of a big board,
          barry has had a few disagreements...but not many. given that in these
          interactions where these good people were "rude" and "jerks", you were
          the common denominator, you might consider where the problem lies.

          deknow
        • Mike Stoops
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 15, 2008
            --- On Mon, 12/15/08, pgmrdan <pgmrdan@...> wrote:

            ...what do you do?

            I go on the premise of "Is it going to be important five years from now?".   If it will still be important five years from now, I do something about it.  If it won't be important five years from now, it's not important enough to worry about it now.

            Mike in LA

          • Bill Dickerson
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 16, 2008
              IMHO this really is a discussion that really should not occur on the Board.

              A discussion in general but never call anyone out in public (or Board).

              Any time I have a disagreement with a Member?Mod I always email them personally.

              For instance if I have to Moderate someone it's not a public discussion, always private.

              If I had known this was a beef that was going to get personal I would never have responded.

              Respectfully,
              Bill Dickerson

              On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:16, pgmrdan <pgmrdan@...> wrote:

              deknow, I really do know what happened but yet again you're going to
              pretend to know all about everything in my life.

              Yet again you're going to pretend to know what was going through my
              mind.

              Yet again you're going to pretend to know what was going through the
              other person's mind.

              Yet again you're going to pretend to know the content of the private
              messages that passed between me and the other person.

              I can't tell if you're a psychiatrist or just need a psychiatrist.

              You've harassed me on OrganicBeekeepers.

              You've harassed me on BeeSource.

              You're harassing me here.

              If ever there was an internet stalker you're it.

              Did your Prophetess of Small Cellism send you forth on a mission to
              convert me to accept your cult or did you just take that upon
              yourself?

              You're like a bad rash - jock-itch comes to mind. But a pimple
              might be a better analogy. Eventually a pimple just goes away and
              there's not even a bad memory of it.

              You've twisted my words and put words in my mouth. You can't
              convince me with truth and logic so you use other means.

              You've posted here 10 times and 7 of those posts have been directed
              at me. I wish someone would yank your membership here so I could
              have a safe haven away from your nuisance posts.

              --
              In god we trust, all others we run NCIC
            • roger
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 20, 2008
                YEA I heard enough about the disagreements LOL I WANNA HEAR MORE
                ABOUT BEES
                I've been monitering this site for about a yr and enjoyed it very
                much.learned a lot and now i think i'm ready to put hands on. I went
                to a local suplier Mon. and bought a hive to put together and use for
                a patern to make 1 or 2 more. I have contacted 2 local bee keepers
                that will have splits in the spring. I also plan to put a nuke in an
                area of a swarm last spring at the vineyard.
                I've joined the NJ bee assoc.and found plenty of people in my area
                i can ask ????? wish me luck LOL roger