Re: PS [Beekeeping] Honey bound?

  • OOWONBS@Netscape.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2008
      Or another way to go, is add another super, below,
      for the next brood. And since you use an excluder,
      move that down, but this implies that you might
      leave the super that is full of honey, in place, for winter
      survival. I have no idea how much you leave, where you are.
      BillSF9c
      -----------
      >I did a major inspection of my hives yesterday and I'm kinda confused
      about
      what I saw. The hives are from nuc's installed this spring. I use 2
      large
      supers as the brood bodies and shallows above separated by a queen
      excluder. On 6
      of 8 hives in one yard I was surprised to see the upper brood bodies
      completely filled with capped honey. Of course now the bee's are
      storing honey in
      the upper shallows.

      >What I'm wondering is if I should remove some frames of honey in the
      brood
      chamber to make room for the queen to expand her laying upwards. Any
      thoughts?

      Thanks,

      ~Jim

      See what's new at http://www.aol.com