Re: [Beekeeping] What are the cross section dimensions of an entrance reducer?

  • Mike McDonald
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
      Dan,

      The height of the entrance may vary slightly from one manufacturer to
      the next. Weather can make boards swell and shrink and might also effect
      the height of the entrance. Measure the height of the entrance and make
      the entrance reducers high enough to fit snugly. Mine are usually are
      about 3/4 in. wide.

      Mike

      On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 16:08 +0000, pgmrdan wrote:
      > Entrance reducers didn't come with my screened bottom boards from
      > Dadant. To make do, I cut some over sized dowel rods to block part of
      > the entrances to the hives. Are entrance reducers 3/4"x3/4"x what
      > ever lenght needed? (I'm using entrance feeders so I'll need to take
      > that into account for the length.) I'm just wondering about the width
      > and depth, not the lenght.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Dan
    • The Browns
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
        Call Dadant, and they should be able to give you the dimensions. Toll-Free Order line: 888-922-1293
        email:
        Dadant@...