Re: [Beekeeping] with great sorrow

  • russell spencer
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30 11:53 PM

      Thank you Allen and the rest that have replyied Jana loved her bees and she loved being around reputable bee keepers.

       She was a woman that stood alone.yes I had my bees and she had hers.She took care of both ,I had to work to make it a bussiness,so we could make a living at the bee bussiness.we succeded togetherer.

        Now where do I go I have no idea.am I going to stay with the bees? I don't know.I don't know  what tomorrow will bring.My desire is gone today.

       I think back to the disreputable beekeepers thats streered her down so many dirt rds trying to take her bees from her and she fought so hard to stay above board.so as to not loose the bees.my heart is so sad these beekeepers came into out lives,when I know there are so many beekeepers out there that help each other and believe  me there are plenty of beekeepers that prey on other beekeepers.they see  you expanding they get nervouse then try to buy you out for .10 cents on the dollar..or those like Andy Hutchinson from Nampa Idaho who steal your bees when you rent them to himand cheat you out of your pollination fee because he is short  on his contracts.or like Newman aparies (not to be confussed with the dakota Newmans)In California he advertises in the bee american bee for journal pollination services  over books his contracts waits till it's time to off load and the bees are at his place in cal.says he has no contracts avalibble for the bees.ooppps wait she traveled 1000 miles so did the bees.no place to go .but wanted to buy her hives .oh no she did not sell.She went to DADANT in fresno cal .

      oh such nice folks there. they helped her rent the bees.but I remember a lady so deflated so beat from a disreputable preying upon a weaker keeper and a lady that was devasted by 2 beekeepers .

        Believe me I am a big man 6'2 225 and i will have a talk with these 2 now that Jana is gone .

      I can go on about others who stole from Jana because She was a woman in a mans world who was resented .Like you shawn you still owe her 5k for ths yrs pollination services.My next artical will mention your full name and address if not paid in full to her estate.This will pay for her final services

       what   I am trying to say is you ladies out there go for it but do nothing without a contract.Jana paved the way at 60b  yrs of age please carry on with the roads she made for you.

       If you need advise feel free to call on another keeper

      Russell

      Message 2 of 10 , May 1, 2008
        Hello Every Group Member
        I am Khurshid Ahmed from Azad Kasmir pakstan. I am working as Entomologist (Apiculture) and associated with the development of Beekeeping from last 25 years. I felt sorry to know that a valuable member of our community has passed away. May Allah rest her soul in eternal peace and garnt patience to her husband and her all family members.It appears from the comments of different friends that she was a courageous, sympathetic and people loving personality. Her services will be remembered by those whom she has taught living with bees.My sympatheties are wth all those who are saddened especially with Mr. Russel Spencer.
        Khawaja Khurshid Ahmed
        Muzaffarabad, AJK, Pakistan

        beekeeper121 <beekeeper121@...> wrote:
        I am saddened to say that today was very hard for me
        The bee world has lost a great lover of bees.JanaRose
        Spencer.Passed away this morning of cancer.
        She helped me write words of encouragement to the lady beekeepers
        out there to go after your dreams.While she was so ill she was
        always pushing me to encourage the ladies to GO FOR IT
        She would send a semi load of bees to pollinate almonds.HER OWN.and
        race the truck to Cal a 1000 mile drive to manage the off
        worried Like a mother while her bees were on the road.
        She loved selling her honey at the fairs and other events.
        She wanted me to let all you ladies know that the bee world is not
        just a mans world.It"s for you to ladies.
        She will be missed in the schools where she would give little
        classes to the future beekeepers in training.She would look forward
        to getting her coloring books and going to school.with all the
        beekeepers in training as she would call it.
        She wanted me to say a special thanks to our 92 yr old mentor Bob
        Lucas of Hudson Wyoming .She just thought you were SPECIAL.
        And a thanks to Rick Arrowsmith for suppling us with strong healthy
        Queens.
        She is my wife of 27yrs and I will miss her Dearly
        Thank you all for your support
        Russell Spencer

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:Beekeeping-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:Beekeeping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • KH
        Message 3 of 10 , May 1, 2008
          Russell,
          You thoughts and comments are so sincere and heartfelt, I am so very sorry
          for the loss of your wife and the inspiring woman she was and I'm sure she
          will continue to be to those she shared her life and experiences with.
          Thank you for your contributions to the group too, my sincere wishes that
          this time goes as best possible in all ways possible. Kellie/Kbee

          Message 4 of 10 , May 1, 2008
            Russell,

            I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and the way she was treated.  I am just a small hobbyist beekeeper but people like your wife inspire me.  Take care and God bless.

            Peggy

            My sincerest sympathy's to you for your loss.

            Alan, Lakeview, NY

            Be a better friend, newshound, and

          • susan oakes
            Message 5 of 10 , May 1, 2008
              I am new to this group but I am So sorry to hear about your precious wife. Thank you for sharing her story. I know what ever you do in the future will be to her credit. Please let us know how you and yours are doing. I will certainly pray for you to find direction and comfort. That, at least, is something I can do.

              Suz

              Peggy Willenberg <glencanyonrising@...> wrote:
              Russell,

              I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your wife and the way she was treated.  I am just a small hobbyist beekeeper but people like your wife inspire me.  Take care and God bless.

              Peggy

              My sincerest sympathy's to you for your loss.

              Alan, Lakeview, NY

              Be a better friend, newshound, and

            • Kathleen Petersen
              Message 6 of 10 , May 1, 2008
                -----

                Russell, so sorry about the loss of your wife. Thank you for sharing your
                story. I am going this afternoon with a young mom who just joined our
                beekeepers assoc. to help her hive her first two packages. I'll be thinking
                of of you & your Jana, & always try to encourage new keepers. After all, the
                more experienced folks in our assoc. have always helped me...
                Kathy in WNY