Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Honey Bee Colony Collapse Disorder cause and petition

  • Guro Dennis Servaes
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 29, 2008
      Hi Russel
      I'm planning to get Congress to discuss, just what you wrote, in regards to Colony Collapse Disorder.  The petition is to show concern and awareness to the serious problems regarding bees.
      Dennis
      <P align="center">
      <script src=http://www.thepetitionsite.com/js/widget.js?petitionID=162876935 ></script>

      russell spencer <beekeeper121@...> wrote:
      try laying a cell phone on hive and call it.then lay it on ground and call simple test.if you can leave a charged cell phone on hive for a couple days try it let see if your test comes out the same as mine.hey we are all in the same boat .but i do believe that the main reason is pestacides safe for humans and herbicides deemed safe for humans are the major contributors. look at people sometimes we don't experince a problem but generations down the rd do.what we see in bees is faster generations or fast track of ourselves.hell just look at the meth problems now from chemicals.all deemed safe but when mixed as bees do fly and gather from many sources mix it all up in a hive .humm mabe we have a bunch of hopped up bees .who knows.but think about it.mixed chemicals do many things .who knows what a beet farmer is spraying the bees go there then to the alfalfa who knows what was sprayed there then to a flower garden sprayed now you may have a total of 3 chemicals reacting in a hive presto the bees leave rt now never to return.
       remember bees do get drunk fron some nectors.the first time the bees do react the second time the bees either kill or chew the bees legs off.and thats a fact.so if the comb is deemed unsafe by who knows what bee in the hive it's pack up the bags were leaving.leave a sign at the door saying condemed.thats why the bees won't rob the hive.maybe i am all wet but walk thru walmart and look at chemicals avalible .then to a co-op and look at more WOW,and we eat the food.
       I better stop cause i could go on all day .final remark take a day look around what you beees are ingesting.from the lil ole lady down the street to the big farmer with all those fields of blossem.what they both use add a couple miles into it from whatever source your bees have.presto a real witches brew

      Mike McDonald <mike@newdaycalendar .com> wrote:

      The cell phone "research" has since been repudiated by the man who
      conducted the tests. His testing methods were extremely flawed. The
      tests also could not explain why there were often heavier losses in
      areas with limited or no cell service than in areas with virtually
      complete coverage.

      Mike

      On Thu, 2008-02-28 at 17:55 -0800, russell spencer wrote:
      > cell phones i do believe contribute.

    • Mike McDonald
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2008
        I'm sure there is anecdotal evidence for just about anything. But the
        fact of the matter is that the man who did the research on cell phones
        and CCD has publicly stated that his own research was dead wrong. I have
        tried the cell phone tests you described and the bees did not seem to
        notice.

        Mike

        On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 05:19 -0800, russell spencer wrote:
        > try laying a cell phone on hive and call it.then lay it on ground and
        > call simple test.if you can leave a charged cell phone on hive for a
        > couple days try it let see if your test comes out the same as mine.

      • David Browder
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 7, 2008
          Hell, I'll sign your petition. One of the things I think is lacking here is HANDS ON EXPERIENCE.  (1st.) I come from a LONG line of Tobacco Farmers (Like since 1633, Yeah that stuff kills people but it's why I'm alive today.) and trust me when I tell ya that the nicotine by products of today have come a long way since the old BLACK LEAF 40 PESTICIDE (Believe that's the Grandaddy of all of the Nico-pesticides of today.) from the last century. (2d) I've YET to hear or read of any one checking (CCD) dead bees for this family of pesticides.  In the age of the internet, if someone has a link on this lemme know, it kinda throws up a FLAG. (3d.) Before folk think I'm one of those Greeny/Tree Huggy Types I'd like to throw this in as a sign of my openness to other viewpoints. I went to the N.C. Pesticide School this week, took the tests for Commercial Licenses, and Lawn and Turf Licenses. Rubbed elbows with several folk that, well let's (Kindly) say were mathamaticly challenged on things like dosages and application rates. One can only imagine what's going on out in the feild!! (4th.) Anytime ya got something and ya DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, you have to go down the line and figure out what it isn't. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------The only PROOF that I've read so far on this has come from the Pesticide Industry, and ya know what their spin is gonna be.