Re: [SPAM]Re: [Beekeeping] Newcomer needs help

  • Peggy Willenberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Thanks David!  So, you think these frames are OK to re-use?  I haven't used any mite treatments for at least five years.  I know it will be easier for a new bunch of bees if they do not have to start with foundation only.

      Peggy
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
        Hi,

        They should be fine, If you have a way to store them till spring. When it gets cooler; Which should be soon for you, you can let them stay in 32* for 18 - 24 hrs that will kill any wax moth eggs or put them in the freezer for a day then store them in a plastic bag....

        Thanks
        David

      • Peggy Willenberg
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
          It won't be hard to get them down to freezing for awhile in this climate!  Thank you very much for the advice!