      From: pdgallic
      Date: 10/01/06 15:36:55
      Subject: [beekeeping] Re: How's the Harvest?

      Actually global warming is good for beekeepers. If you look at the
      scientific litereature used as a basis for the Global Warming
      Infomration you will find that GLobal Warming is not about hotter
      summers but about warmer winters. The rise in average temperatures is
      due to winters being less severe. Also the increase of CO2 in the
      atmosphere acts as a super fertilizer. In fact the increase fo CO2 in
      the atmosphee is responsible for record crop yields in the last
      quarter century. SO less sever weather and increased vegetation result
      in better conditions for bees.

      --- In beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Kelly" <miteke@...> wrote:

      > I'd rather not clutter this very fine newsgroup with my political
      > opinions - or personal ones either.
      >
      > --- In beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, Rich <wd6esz@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Are you calling Al Gore a boogey man?
      > >
      > > ---- Michael Kelly <miteke@> wrote:
      > > > Heck No!
      > > >
      > > > We had a dry spell that stopped the necter run followed by a wet
      > > > spell. Climate has ALWAYS been the biggest obstacle for
      > > > argiculturalists and that has been the case long before the
      industrial
      > > > age. In fact, even more so before the industrial age.
      > > >
      > > > Global Warming is just a big boogeyman that seems to get blamed for
      > > > the oddest things.

      > honey and
      > I also
      > queen may