8201Effective Extraction?

  • Jeff Lunglhofer
    Jul 2, 2006
      All,

      Does anyone have any recommendations on inexpensive but effective ways to extract and filter honey for bottling?  I'm up to six hives at this point and four are possibly strong enough to produce some honey this year, although it may not be a huge quantity.  I've seen extractors that range from $105 (plastic cheapie from Dadant) to the thousdands of dollars?

      I'd like to spend as little as possible, but NOT waste money on junk.  I'd rather spend $500 today than $150 today and $500 tomorrow.

      Any suggestions?

      -Jeff
    • Show all 31 messages in this topic