6641Re: [beekeeping] Re: Pliny's wax

  • Paul Rowland
    Feb 2, 2006
      I doubt if any of us are accomplished metalugists. However, certain metals and alloys of metals, stainless in particular, have more or less reactive properties. You know gold is at the top of the list, silver is also but those are cost prohibitve. I find it hard to believe that they would include Al, what's the date on that? You can't get nickel containers only nickel alloy, that would include stainless, and tin will rust. Choose stainless. Normally a good alloy of Al would be ok, however introduce salt and that's another issue.

      On 2/2/06, D.O. <kg6mvx@...> wrote:

      Can you support this statement, Ace? It conflicts with
      the statement that I quoted from The Hive and the
      Honey Bee:

      "No appreciable discoloration occurs in vessels
      of aluminum, nickel, tin, or stainless steel."