      Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2004 9:21 AM
      Subject: Re: [beekeeping] forage planting

      Thanks for the response. I will give it a try and let you know. We are prone to early frost here.

      Buckwheat's one of the easiest things to grow. Puts out a lot of honey but some might not like the color and taste (I never could get people to buy it down here in NC). If ya sow in the next week or so you're pert much assured a good bloom well before Fall. Never tried this, but you might be able to plow it under when it goes to seed, plant again,and get a SECOND bloom before frost!!