2628Re: [beekeeping] Re: forage planting

  • david flathman
    Aug 12, 2004
      frank pellett wrote a book called american honey plants.
      i check this book often as i see flowers blooming to check if they are a source of pollen or necter or not.

      DOUG BENNETT <dougbwv@...> wrote:
      I have about 1/2 acre to plant. We have pasture and woodland around us but have trouble in the july- august time period for forage. the aster and goldenrod will be blooming soon. I am trying to keep them busy as much as possible.

      don <don_nairn@...> wrote:
      Bees forage over a large area even over a high yeilding crop they
      will fly over a Km how small is you area?

      --- In beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "dougbwv" <dougbwv@y...> wrote:
      > Can someone pont me in the direction of a list or tell me the
      names
      > of good forage plants for a small area. I have rtead thaT ANISE
      > HYSSOP is supposed to be a very good nectar plant. are there
      others
      > that I can work into my landscape? I live in north central West
      > Virginia. I have plenty of forage trees in the spring but am
      lacking
      > later plants.
      >
      > Thanks
      > dougbwv