2571Re: [beekeeping] Greetings

  • Matthew McCleary
    Jul 1, 2004
      What sort of hive -- top-bar or Langstroth -- would you say is easier for
      a beginning beekeeper to manage? I know that the TBHs are smaller and more
      easily moved, but for some reason I've read in various places that the
      Langstroth is more recommended for beginners.

      I do go through Santa Fe occasionally. In fact, I'll be in Los Alamos this
      weekend for the Fourth. Perhaps sometime I could drop by (I live in
      Bosquecito, about 10 miles southeast of Socorro).

      Matthew

      Matthew S. McCleary, hayduke at nmt dot edu