2566Re: [beekeeping] Greetings

  • David McDonald
    Jul 1, 2004
      Hello Matthew, welcome.

      You might want to consider a top-bar hive, since you're already
      disposed to build your own hive, and a top-bar hive is probably closer
      in spirit to a medieval hive than is a Langstroth.

      I'm also in NM, but near Santa Fe. If you'd like to see some top-bar
      hives in action, and plan to be in the area, let me know. There's
      also a top-bar beekeeper in Bosque, NM, south of ABQ--much closer to
      you.

      --
      David McDonald
      Santa Fe, NM