2485Re: [beekeeping] slow building hive - HELP

  • Scot Mc Pherson
    Jun 1, 2004
      On Tuesday 01 June 2004 09:29 am, James A. Ward wrote:
      > Scot,
      >
      > I do have some regular wood frames with wired foundation. Would there be
      > any advantage to taking out the plastic and replacing it with the regular
      > frames? Of course, only the ones with no signs of any work.

      If you want my truly honest opinion I would not use foundation at all. I
      don't, not even starter strips. Take your plain wooden frames and take out
      the foundation. Place one frame between your two best fully drawn combs, they
      will fill the empty frame exactly as they are supposed to, because that is
      precisely how much room need to do it.

      --
      Scot Mc Pherson <scot@...>
      Sarasota, Florida, USA