17765Re: [Beekeeping] new - want to start this summer...

  • Crzy-Pony
    Jul 18, 2014
      Find a Bee Keeper club to start with. There are many good beekeeps in the area.  there is a Master bee keep in Hudson I am sure you can find somebody closer to you . I myself started going to meetings and "bee school" before I even bought bees . Brushy Mountain Bee supply is a pretty reasonable company I use them mostly for my supplies. I am sure you can pick up stuff local. Do NOT buy any wooden ware used , you will save yourself a headache in the long run. I am sure you will get more answers from other bee keeps on this subject. Remember not every one is completely right and not everyone is wrong. Opinions are free listen and sort it out for yourself  Read (BeeKeeping for dummies)-- watch you tube video go to school and you will learn all you need to know.
      Marlene NH

      On Friday, July 18, 2014 12:06 AM, "charlesott@... [Beekeeping]" <Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Hello all,

      I've been monitoring this group for a couple of years - to learn some of the in's & out's of beekeeping.
      I don't know much yet. But I think I'm ready to get started keeping my own first hive.
      ( No I do not have equipment, yet. )

      This message is asking for some direct input from you, the experts.
      I want to make the right lists of things to do, concerns, dos & don'ts, or any other advice you have to offer.

      I live in Lowell, MA - a city setting.
      The winter was exceptionally cold last winter.
      So I have some challenges to work with.
      BTW - if there is anyone local to this area I would love to make your acquaintance.
      Please let me know.

      Thanks for the work you've done establishing this group and keeping good advice & discussion available!
      Thanks in advance for helping to get these wonderful pollinators another home here in our area.

      Charly O.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic