17754Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Feeding Honeybees Honey May Increase Mortality

  • Rich
    Jul 10, 2014
      That's like asking a human: "Will eating a healthy diet prevent head lice?" Well, granted a well fed person is going to be more energetic and want to do something about their lice, but there are much more important factors like the exposure to head lice in the first place and treating for the head lice that you already have.

      Bottom line - Feeding your bees will not make the varroa go away!

      Rich
      ---- "anne.money@... [Beekeeping]" <Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
      > For the last two years, varroa has been the significant culprit in my hive losses, and I don't think I'm alone. Knowing that my hives were compromised, it made sense to feed them in an effort to strengthen their fight against varroa. Was there any correlation made in this study between varroa and feeding? I am not scientifically adept, but it seems like the two factors, whether taken together, or separately, could affect the results. Thoughts?
      >
      > ---In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, <habutti@...> wrote :
      >
      > After reviewing the details of the BIP survey results for two years where feeding honeybees carbohydrates is concerned, some very surprising suggestions come to light.
      >

      > More at: http://bit.ly/1pZvpSY http://bit.ly/1pZvpSY
      >

      > Charles Walter

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic