17743Re: Feeding Honeybees Honey May Increase Mortality

  • anneinannandale
    Jul 9, 2014
      For the last two years, varroa has been the significant culprit in my hive losses, and I don't think I'm alone. Knowing that my hives were compromised, it made sense to feed them in an effort to strengthen their fight against varroa.  Was there any correlation made in this study between varroa and feeding?  I am not scientifically adept,  but it seems like the two factors, whether taken together, or separately, could affect the results.  Thoughts?

      ---In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, <habutti@...> wrote :

      After reviewing the details of the BIP survey results for two years where feeding honeybees carbohydrates is concerned, some very surprising suggestions come to light.

      More at: http://bit.ly/1pZvpSY

      Charles Walter

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic