17601Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Winter losses ?

  • jetjockeybearup
    Mar 23, 2014
      Lost 3 out of 3. The yellow jackets were awful this year. Lots of dead yellow jackets in the hives all three had small clusters and I think they didn't make it through the first negative digit cold snap we had. Still have a tone of honey in each.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Mar 23, 2014, at 7:32 AM, <toad08551@...> wrote:

      I lost 5 out of six topbar hives and 4 out of 24 langs. most of the topbars wre week going in,didn't expect much there. I know 2 of the langs that were strong ate their stores around them and didn't move to honey, both have 50# honey left. one had mouse in and one had a severe mite load.

       Those that lost ,have you checked mite losad?? you can check bottom board or gather the bees and rinse them in a strainer and see how many mites they had  Roger NJ

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic