17587Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Package Bees

  • Crzy-Pony
    Mar 19, 2014
      Every site I have been to locally here are sold out, some nuc's available later but pricy. I like nucs too but money is tight so I will try the pkg again.
      Marlene
      NH

      On Wednesday, March 19, 2014 4:42 PM, "billbird2111@..." <billbird2111@...> wrote:

      I did packaged bees once -- but no more. Never again. Nuc transfer is the way to go. The problem is most stores that cater to hobbyists offer a "beginner bee package" for $300 or more. That includes the hive body, an introductory manual on beekeeping and a package of bees, plus a queen.

      But it's only after you get the beekeeping book home do you realize that nuc transfers are the way to go. By then it's too late.

      Just replenished both hives this past weekend with nuc transfers. They're doing awesome!

      Bill
      Sacramento, CA

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic