      From: baldbeeman <bullmouse@...>
      To: Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 10:20 AM
      Subject: [Beekeeping] Re: Queen for sale

      Hi and Wow, Marlene.
      I personally wouldn't chance having queen bees reshipped a second time from VA to NH, after possibly having been mailed USPS from TX to VA. I would search for a more local source in NH, VT, MA or ME, or order them direct myself. I've been away from your area for a long time so haven't kept up with the local supply scene. I do have a friend Christy Hemenway of Gold Star Honeybees (and Hives) in Bath, ME who may be a good source of advice and information. Why don't you give her a call at (207)449-1121 or email to info@... ?

      baldbeeman
      COLORADO

      --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, Crzy-Pony <crzybishma@...> wrote:

      > Do you know what the FEDX charge would be?  I paid 50 for two last year from a local in upper NH. One left ( didn't like the digs I guess)  and the other was killed by the mob. Again money down the drain. This has been a loosing battle for me for 5 years now, this is actually only the second time I have gotten a hive through the winter. AND now the queen is gone again and the hive is full of drones. When I checked last week the girls had a queen cell in the lower deep so when I get a chance I will go in again she has hatched and hope she can kick some bee butt and shape up the place. At this point I may or may not continue keeping bees. I enjoy them but losing them is hard and disappointing plus the money spent and lost
      :(  I don't think I will chance a queen through the mail at this point , at least not until I get a stable hive or two.
      > Marlene
      > NH

      who is first off the boat Vietnamese and doesn't speak English does her usual routine of just giving me a undelivered mail notice for next day pickup.

      > I normally give them water and some honey when I open them. Last shipment there were twelve. Then I put the word out to those who have asked about them that they can come pick them up. These happen ususally by Saturday pm. By then I will have watered them twice each day, and fed them one helping of honey each full day.
      >
      > Along with keeping them cool and in the dark for the most part, they are in excellent shape.
      > I put the last of those 12 queens into my own hives on the following Thursday, a total of ten days in cage and they could have stayed longer.
      >

      > So, I didn't know if you were serious or not, but if so I was prepared to feed your queen and then ship her out overnight. You'd have to pay the FedEx charge along with the $30.00. No charge
      for caring and feeding for you girl while she's here.