17396Re: [Beekeeping] Queen for sale

  • husztek
    Jun 25, 2013
      No, I don't think so.

      However, you have to understand these queens will already have traveled 1200 miles in U.S.P.S. regular mail when they get to me.

      They should have been caged and put in the mail today.
      I will get them on Thursday at the earliest. Friday if my postal carrier who is first off the boat Vietnamese and doesn't speak English does her usual routine of just giving me a undelivered mail notice for next day pickup.

      I normally give them water and some honey when I open them. Last shipment there were twelve. Then I put the word out to those who have asked about them that they can come pick them up. These happen ususally by Saturday pm. By then I will have watered them twice each day, and fed them one helping of honey each full day.

      Along with keeping them cool and in the dark for the most part, they are in excellent shape.
      I put the last of those 12 queens into my own hives on the following Thursday, a total of ten days in cage and they could have stayed longer.

      So, I didn't know if you were serious or not, but if so I was prepared to feed your queen and then ship her out overnight. You'd have to pay the FedEx charge along with the $30.00. No charge for caring and feeding for you girl while she's here.

      Bill Husztek
      Black Squirrel Cottage Enterprises
      7558 Marshall Drive
      Annandale, VA 22003
      703-573-8842

      ---- On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:47:28 -0700 Crzy-Pony <crzybishma@...> wrote ----

      I was joking  I never thought of sending a Queen through the mail. Is it possible and is it truly worth it with the chance of  her dying and loosing the money.
      Marlene