17345Re: [Beekeeping] Clipped queen

  • Gary Ilmanen
    Jun 15, 2013
      Relax, he's just trolling for arguments.  But since there was no period at the end of his words, maybe some of it got lost in the ether.

      On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 5:36 PM, husztek <husztek@...> wrote:

      Karon,

      Christopher can't help it.
      Being tremendously accomplished it is hard for him to relate to lesser mortals.

      I for one was impressed with his economy of words.
      Reminded me of something my Grandmother once told me.
      I will reiterate it for Christopher.

      "Some folks are able to show their back sides without bending over and dropping their drawers."
      And over the years I have come to realize that on the net they don't even have to show their face to do it!

      But now Christoper the rest of us will be waiting, lest you ever ask for advice or information from inferior mortals such as us. We will be certain to give you exactly what you need.

      ---- On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:53:22 -0700 karon<karon@...> wrote ----

      Wow. Really? And I thought groups like this were here to answer questions, share knowledge and experience and build social groups of similar interests. If everyone in a group is an expert, then why bother with the group? Is there are no knew things for a member to learn, they have no reason to hang around. In my experience with groups like this, the purpose is for experienced folks to help inexperienced folks and to share new experiences in the hopes of learning from them.

      If one must be, already, an expert in order to be a member, then it becomes an experts only group where the only purpose is to pat one another on the back, reminding them how expert they all are.

      I have rarely seen a group where name calling furthered very productive ends. I was always taught there was no such thing as a stupid question if you truly want the answer. I have never, before, run across a beekeeper who was not interested in answering questions about their hobby. Seems to me the biggest problem beekeeper face is lack of education. People who don’t know bees tend to think they are dangerous. Therefore, it remains for beekeepers to educate. One does that by telling people things they don’t know.

      Even for an expert’s only back slapping society, that was rude.

      Karon Adams

      Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

      You can send a Rosary to a soldier!

      www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary