17331RE: [Beekeeping] Clipped queen

  • karon
    Jun 15, 2013

      Wow. Really? And I thought groups like this were here to answer questions, share knowledge and experience and build social groups of similar interests. If everyone in a group is an expert, then why bother with the group? Is there are no knew things for a member to learn, they have no reason to hang around. In my experience with groups like this, the purpose is for experienced folks to help inexperienced folks and to share new experiences in the hopes of learning from them.

      If one must be, already, an expert in order to be a member, then it becomes an experts only group where the only purpose is to pat one another on the back, reminding them how expert they all are.

      I have rarely seen a group where name calling furthered very productive ends. I was always taught there was no such thing as a stupid question if you truly want the answer. I have never, before, run across a beekeeper who was not interested in answering questions about their hobby. Seems to me the biggest problem beekeeper face is lack of education. People who don’t know bees tend to think they are dangerous. Therefore, it remains for beekeepers to educate. One does that by telling people things they don’t know.

      Even for an expert’s only back slapping society, that was rude.

      Karon Adams

      Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

      You can send a Rosary to a soldier!

      www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary