      Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:29 AM
      Subject: [Beekeeping] How many hives?

      I am starting my 3rd year beekeeping. I have 4 hives now and I ponder if
      I should expand or not.
      The arguments pro expansion are:
      - I am getting better at beekeeping. I spend less time per hive doing a
      better job.
      - More hives allow me to make mistakes without losing all.
      - Like children is a family all my colonies have different character and
      strength. If I try a treatment on one hive and not on the others it is
      impossible to distinguish the consequence of the treatment from other
      factors.

      Against expansion:
      Something like "beekeeper burnout"

      Do you have any wisdom for me?