16897Re: [Beekeeping] A Beekeeping Question!

  • Thomas Powell
    Feb 7, 2013
      Do you have a regular brood in a regular pattern or only drone brood in a sporadic pattern?

      ~ME~

      iPhone

      On Feb 7, 2013, at 14:46, "Bill" <billbird2111@...> wrote:

      I know the standard drill. Ask ten different beekeepers the same question and you're liable to get ten completely different answers. But hopefully I'll get a majority here.

      The question is this: Can a colony, where the queen has died, and a laying worker has taken over, survive the winter?

      I'm almost positive that the answer is no because colonies with laying workers are DOOMED, but I've got a hive that survived my winter out here and I've never once spotted a queen in there (Note: I have a hard time spotting queens to be honest, and this one isn't marked. It was a wild swarm when I got it).

      Thank you,

      Bill
      Sacramento, CA

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic